Masturbation is a normal part of your sexual expression. It can reduce stress and help a man decide what he likes in sex. But anything at an excessive number becomes an issue So here we will discuss the 8 Best ways to Quit Masturbation. In most cases, masturbation is a normal sexual practice, which does not cause any physical or mental distress.
But if one becomes addicted to it, then there can be a problem. There are many Best Ways To Quit Masturbation addiction, which we will discuss below.
The habit of excessive masturbation is a psychological problem, and to control it you need to bring some changes in your way of living. Also, you can consult a good psychologist.
When does masturbation become a problem?
Masturbation becomes a problem when it starts to negatively impact a person’s life and day-to-day functioning.
For example, if it is affecting your ability to orgasm or your relationship with your partner, you should consider quitting.
a. Compulsive Sexual Behaviour
In some cases, masturbation addiction can result from compulsive sexual behavior.
In Compulsive sexual behavior, a person has a strong and frequent desire to have sex and to fulfill their imaginary fantasies.
One thing to note here is that it is not an increase in sexual arousal or sex drive, rather it is a mental illness.
Compulsive behavior can lead to many psychological problems or stress. This makes it difficult for a person to enjoy masturbation to the fullest.
According to a case study published in the Journal of Psychiatry, frequent or compulsive masturbation is usually a process of controlling one’s impulses.
b. sense of guilt
Masturbation can also cause an intense guilty feelings in some people.
According to a study published in the Journal of Sexual Medicine, 8.4% of the total 4,211 male participants reported feeling guilty after masturbating.
Due to the criminal spirit, many other problems can also arise. For example, often people with this feeling start consuming excessive alcohol or other drugs, which can cause many mental and physical problems.
Try to keep yourself busy
We feel like masturbating only when we have nothing else to do or our mind is not engaged in any other work. So to fill your free time, do some attractive activities in which your mind will be engaged. The excitement of doing anything new can reduce your urge to masturbate.
Try the following activities –
a. Be creative
Have you ever thought, about how saints and sages can control their desire for sex and devote their full attention to meditation?
The answer is “replacing your sex drive with constructive work.”
Do whatever creative activity you enjoy the most, such as writing, playing a musical instrument, gardening, painting, or whatever makes you feel productive.
b. Play sports
To become perfect in any sport, you need to be disciplined and determined.
If you love to play a sport, surely you will work hard to become perfect at it.
In addition, sports also exercise your body. Doing any kind of exercise relieves your stress, makes you feel happy and helps to focus your mind positively on any work.
Yoga is another form of exercise that can help you feel more relaxed, and less likely to have the urge to jerk off.
c. Eat a healthy diet
Fruits and vegetables have a healthy effect on our body and provide essential nutrients to actively carry out our day-to-day activities.
Therefore, eat green vegetables and fruits regularly and reduce the intake of aphrodisiac foods like salmon fish, chili, coffee, avocado, banana, chocolate, etc.
d. Take up a new hobby or develop a skill
Learning something that takes a little time to master can be the Best Ways To Quit Masturbation.
Try skills like cooking, gardening, archery, public speaking, etc.
e. Become a volunteer
Invest your time and energy in helping those in need.
Like teaching poor children, helping old people, cleaning public areas, collecting money for social service, helping sick or hungry animals, etc.
You will feel happy and peaceful by helping the needy and you will not have time to masturbate.
Often wake up late at night and feel like masturbating. That’s why sleep early every day and get full 8 hours of sleep.
Make a plan to avoid masturbation
If you have a strong urge to masturbate before falling asleep or in the shower, make a plan to avoid it.
For example, if you have this problem late at night, lie on your back on the floor and do push-up exercises until you are completely exhausted and don’t have the guts to masturbate.
If you have the urge to masturbate while taking a bath, start with cold water and don’t take a long bath.
If you always masturbate right after you get home from school or work, make a solid plan to quit. If you get bored enough and can’t help but think about sex because you have a blank head, find something more interesting to distract yourself from. If you are very busy, you will find it easier to give up masturbation.
Overcome your loneliness
If you frequently masturbate because you feel lonely, find ways to socialize yourself as much as you can.
Which means you want to socialize with other people and make friends as much as you can. For this, you can also take the help of social media like Facebook, etc.
Another thing you can do is reduce the amount of time you are alone in your home. Whenever you’re home alone, go outside for a walk or go to a nearby coffee shop.
Even if all your friends are busy, you can overcome your loneliness by going to public places.
For example, instead of watching cricket alone at home, try visiting a snack bar. Even though your friends won’t be with you here, you won’t be alone and you won’t have time to masturbate.
Stop watching porn on your computer or mobile
Excessive porn viewing can increase the urge to masturbate.
Those who wish to Quit masturbation should first avoid porn videos, images, and websites. If a person somehow builds a wall between himself and porn, then it is much easier for him to give up his masturbation addiction.
Nowadays it has become very easy to watch porn in a matter of seconds. However, people may try to limit their access to pornography by using filters on electronic devices that block certain types of content, such as pornographic material.
Although you can also unblock these websites, doing so takes time and during this time the person can try to control himself.
Keep trying and be patient
You cannot give up masturbation immediately or in a day or two.
Especially when you have a habit of overdoing it.
It takes commitment from you to pull it off, and you’re likely to make a lot of mistakes in between or break down on occasion.
Your real struggle will be to persevere, so decide today that if you make a mistake in your process of Best Ways To Quit Masturbation, you will not stop and keep trying.
Create a system to reward yourself. Reward yourself for each successful day you have. For example, if you can go two weeks in a row without masturbating, reward yourself with a new game or object.
Improve your mindset
a. Stop punishing yourself
Keep in mind, you are a human and every human masturbates.
According to some social studies, 95% of men and 89% of women admit that they masturbate. Masturbation is normal and healthy for people of all ages.
b. Don’t believe the myths about the harm of masturbation
If you want to give up the habit of masturbation, you have to give it up for personal or moral reasons and not for health reasons.
Here are some things, which do not affect your body badly due to masturbation –
- You will not have the problem of infertility, premature ejaculation, or impotence due to masturbation.
- Masturbating won’t make you blind.
- Due to masturbation, hair does not grow on the face and hands, nor does it affect the growth of the body. Due to this, there is no damage to the kidneys, testicles, skin, or other physical organs.
- You do not even have the problem of frequent urination due to masturbation.
c. Believe that you can leave it
If you believe that you can surely find the Best Ways To Quit Masturbation habits, then you will be successful. Your goal may not be to quit masturbating completely but to reduce it to a healthier level, like once or twice a week. That’s perfectly fine too.
a. Know when you need help
If you can’t control your mind or sex drive, or masturbation is affecting your work at school or work, it’s time to seek help.
Don’t feel any shame about this and keep in mind that many people have this problem. Taking help from anyone is a brave act and whoever you take help from will understand this.
b. see a psychiatrist
Counselors, psychologists, and psychotherapists are all trained in different levels of addiction recovery.
First of all, meet a doctor near you, who can assess your habit and tell you whether you need to meet a senior doctor or not.
c. Discuss with your doctor how masturbation is affecting your life
Some people masturbate to distract themselves from other feelings or problems.
So try to have a very frank talk with your doctor about how masturbation is affecting your life.
d. Discuss available treatments with a doctor
In some cases, masturbation addiction is also seen as a type of sex addiction. Based on the information given by you, the doctor may prescribe you various medicines and may also give you cognitive behavioral therapy to get rid of the habit.
Additional Best Ways To Quit Masturbation
- Never sit on your sleeping bed. Always use a chair, table, or mat to sit and sit with other people.
- Whenever you have a strong urge to masturbate, take a cold water bath. Not only will it calm your mind, but you will also get other health and energy benefits.
- Whenever you feel like masturbating, go for a brisk walk or jog.
- Try fasting. Abstaining from food or water for a few hours every day can help distract you from the sexual feeling. If you fast regularly then it will help you to overcome your desire.
- Whenever you have erotic thoughts about sex, start thinking about something else like cricket, movies, etc.
- If you have the urge to masturbate while in the shower, reduce the amount of time you spend in the shower.
- Motivate yourself that your sex performance will increase by not masturbating because by not doing it you will have more energy and you will be easily aroused while having sex with someone, and your enjoyment of sex will increase. Don’t masturbate more than once a week to keep your hormone levels in balance. Research has shown that testosterone levels increase slightly after not masturbating for a week and decrease again after doing it.
- In the beginning, set small goals and fulfill them. Like, deciding that you will not masturbate for the next three days and completing it. If you don’t succeed, try again. Then gradually increase your days. Starting with smaller goals makes them easier to accomplish.
- Exercise every evening. By doing this you will feel tired at night and want to sleep instead of masturbating.
- Quitting masturbation is easier when in a relationship, where your partner can be of great help. In most cases, there is only one reason for excessive masturbation – loneliness or lack of a partner in your life. So find yourself a partner and spend time with him.
- Try to accomplish just one day’s goal at a time. If you try to quit by making a goal of not masturbating for the next month, you will fail and you will feel more apathetic and hopeless.
- If you are religious then listen to the discourses of a good religious teacher.
- If you feel lonely at night, talk to your lover or a friend to overcome it. Doing this will take your mind off masturbation and help you quit.
- Keep positive thinking and stay away from an inferiority complex. Learn to overcome loneliness by doing various creative works like gardening, painting, etc.
- Keep in mind, medical doctors or psychologists are human too and they too can make mistakes. Therefore, if you find any specialist’s advice or treatment extremely uncomfortable, consult another specialist.
- Some video games, movies, and even books may contain sexual content, such as sexually attractive characters or sexual acts (kissing or romantic love, etc.). So if you are playing video games or watching movies to distract yourself from masturbating, be careful and do some research first to see if there is any sexual content in it.